Thursday, August 2, 2012

Library 2.0 : Week 8

This is the last week of the Library 2.0 course and then this blog gets a new lease on life (if I have time). :)

Our topic this week is Productivity Tools.  This brings all the other modules together.  The module introduced several ideas for collaboration.  From sharing documents using GoogleDocs or Drop Box (both services which I was already utilizing to some extent) to online tools to help organize meetings to creating your very own Dash Board (the activity I chose for this week).

I originally planned on using iGoogle, but since this service will be terminated in just over a year, I decided to set up a Netvibes account.  This was very straightforward.  I choose my theme as "Libraries".  In hindsight, I probably do not need a theme as I deleted most of the widgets they put on my profile page.  I then added several of the Web 2.0 tools we have learned about in the course as widgets.  I added Twitter, Delicious, e-mail, and Facebook feeds and also added news and weather feeds.  I look forward to playing around with this and will enjoy having a one stop place for several Web 2.0 tools and services.  Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...