Friday, March 1, 2013

30,000 Words... the 1st Thousand

I'm sure you know the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words".  Well, you will be treated to 30 pictures over the next 30 days that will show a snapshot into my life. My friend, Kaitlin, over at Homemaker Design is hosting a 30 day photo challenge.  I am not a photographer, but I enjoy taking pictures so I am going to join her.  Some of the posts will be clumped together since I do not have internet access every day. Enjoy!

Day 1: Self Portrait
The library is where I work everyday, but it is also filled with memories and great books!  Since, I am staying late at work tonight, I decided to take a picture next to my better-than-imagined February wall display (inspired by this blog post) with two of my favourite picture books in my hand.  An old favourite that my mother read us when I was younger, Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman and a new favourite, Stella Princess of the Sky by Marie Louise Gay. 

4 comments:

  1. GREAT start Kendra!!! I love the title too!! ;) Oh and your bulletin board is really nice!!!! Dave reads to the girls each night and Stella Queen of the Snow is one of his favs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella is so funny and I love her wild red hair. Her brother, Sam, is very cute and his questions make me laugh!

      Delete
  2. When I see your face I think of our picnic and talk last summer. Some of what we talked about was heavy, weights you were carrying - I still remember that, and lift you up from time to time. Thanks for your example of faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I read (or at least skim) all your blog entries. It's neat to see what you are doing and learning these days. You are in my thoughts and prayers from time to time as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...