Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A cloud is not always made of water


No internet access for a couple days... so be ready for multiple posts!



Day 3: Clouds
It has been overcast here for several days and the only clouds in the sky are grey and you cannot tell where one ends and the next starts.  That got me thinking about a different type of cloud that I could take a picture of.  I thought of smoke from someone’s chimney or exhaust from someone’s car.  Then my housemate (props J.) suggested that I take a picture of a group of people since according to Mr. Webster, a cloud could be:
Cloud 2 : something resembling or suggesting a cloud: as
c : a great crowd or multitude.

Today was Sunday, so I attended church, as is my normal practice.  After the morning service I scurried out to the foyer and got a shot of people as they were visiting and exiting the church.

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. NKJV (emphasis added)

The members of my home church are a witness to God’s work in my life.  We are a smallish church; averaging around 100 people on a Sunday.  They see me in tough times and joyous times.  They see me in my failures and shortcomings, and also in my successes.  They are a second family.  They help me to look to Jesus for the answers to what is troubling me.

6 comments:

  1. Very creative, and I love this photo! Everyone seemed to be oblivious about their picture being taken too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping they would be. One of the guys in the picture noticed what I was doing and in the next picture made a weird face. Fortunately, I liked this one best. :)

      Delete
  2. This is great Kendra!! I love your cloud!!!! And a neat photo - people just being people!! Great scripture verse too!! I'm glad to hear your Church family is like a second family - I know the feeling! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Kendra! I love that passage. Your cloud is beautiful. I love people, think I would go over to the lady in the foreground and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when are you planning a visit? You are always welcome!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...