Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A family treasure



Day 26: Close-Up
In my room I have another piece of art. (See this POST for the first piece hanging in my room) This one is a family heirloom.  My great aunt dabbled in painting and produced some nice pieces… so many that I have one at my house.  I did not know my great aunt very well since she died when I was only four, but she has a special place in my mom’s heart because she was a second mother to my mom when my grandmother had a stroke.

In my last apartment this painting hung above the fireplace but at my current apartment it does not match the colours in the main room, so I have hung it in my room.  I really like the textures in this painting and thought they would make a nice close-up photo.

More texture

From a distance :)


3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely - the painting and your pictures!! (you covered today AND tomorrow in this post! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why there's a smiley face after the "from a distance" picture.

      Delete
  2. I love it. Reminds me of when I was used to paint a bit and used a palette knife to try for that effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...