This week is National Volunteer Week. At the library where I work, we have six regular volunteers who help us with various things from shelving books to fixing them to getting the Interlibrary Loan books shipped out. Without our volunteers, the staff would be busy keeping up with reshelving the books and would not be able to do the many other aspects of our jobs…so as a thank you, I made these birdies and we gave them a card.
I got the idea for these birds from HERE.
List of supplies:
- Paint (Antique White Acrylic)
- Paper (I used 2 sheets for each of the bodies)
- Stamp pad & dauber
- Glue stick
- Paint the clothespins and let dry.
- Trace the bird and wing outline onto the paper & cut out (I used sheets out of an old book that a friend gave me).
- Glue the paper together to make it sturdier (I pasted 2 layers for the body since the book pages were from a hardcover book).
- Use a dauber or sponge and stamp pad to “age” the paper.
- (optional) Add glitter
- Pinch the bird body in the clothespin and glue the wings on.
- Give them away to friends or keep them to decorate your house