Monday, April 1, 2013

Favs and the ones that didn’t make it



Day 31: Favourite picture of the challenge
I am going to say that my favourite picture I took for the challenge was the close up of the painting that my great aunt did.  I really like how the textures are clear and the colours are bright.   

This month I enjoyed looking at things from various angles and using the macro setting on my camera.  I also liked that I am paying attention to the world around me more and that I have my camera with me to catch an interesting sight during my day.  On the flower day, I would not have gotten the pictures of my co-worker’s bouquet if I had not had my camera with me at work.  Even though Bokeh is difficult on a point and shoot (and I thought I would never get a decent photo), I like the size of the camera and how I can easily put it in my pocket.  Maybe someday I will get a bigger camera, but for now it is me and Canon PowerShot A3300 IS.

Below I have included a collection of photos I took this month, but they did not make the blog since they were not what the theme was about for that day.  I have 390 photos saved to my computer from March, but altogether I took about twice that many.
Napkins at my Italian themed birthday party

Legos! from Lego club

Angry Birds craft (this boy spent 1/2 hour working on this bird)

Snow!  A characteristic of this month.

Hanging out with my sister

Fun colours

Sun Flare from another day

A card for the 90th birthday of a lady I know

Blueberry muffins


8 comments:

  1. I almost picked that close up of the painting as one of my pics for you - I like it too - the second one on that day as well was also really nice!!!

    LOVE these 'others' that we didn't get to see before - thanks for sharing them!! I think you do very well with your point and click - I use to LOVE mine - I'm pretty convinced I'm going to do a post of some of my fav shots from my pre- DSLR days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the close up of Auntie Winn's picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've liked doing this challenge with you, Kendra! Your photos are so creative. I guess I must have missed seeing your "hands" submission on your blog since I saw it for the first time on Kaitlin's - it's definitely my favourite! It almost looks like a vintage photo and has great movement - I felt like if I kept watching it the hands would start to scrub that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been nominated for the Liebster award! Go to my blog for details and instructions: http://thirsty-soul.blogspot.ca/2013/04/blogger-award-fun.html

    And here are your eleven questions should you decide to accept!

    1. When did you start blogging, and why?

    2. Describe yourself in one sentence.

    3. If money was no concern, what would your dream vacation be?

    4. What's your ideal way of spending a Saturday?

    5. What's your go-to lunch?

    6. Fiction or non-fiction?

    7. You have a pet lizard. What's his name?

    8. When did you become a Christian?

    9. What are you afraid of?

    10. Funny memory.

    11. What's your favourite season, and why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blueberry muffins look extremely good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if you want to make them, I won't object. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...