Friday, May 17, 2013

A view from my world #7



A typical weekend view this time of the year.  Yard sales!
 
When I first thought of a picture for this challenge, spring-cleaning & yard sales came to mind.  Though as the week went on I began to think of something more significant.  Living in a sin-filled world and born with a sin nature, we accumulate “junk” by the bucketfuls.  But, we do not have to live like that.  Jesus, the holy Son of God, gave Himself as a sacrifice to clean us from sin so we can put off the old nature and be cleansed as white as new snow.  


Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.  
Romans 6: 6-7  

O wretched [person] that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! 
Romans 7:24-25a

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.  
Romans 8: 1-2 

Next week:  body parts

5 comments:

  1. Yes we can surround ourselves in real junk alright - material and spiritual! It is good to frequently purge both of these from our lives - thanks be to God that we have Jesus to be able to do it! (both of these - Lord knows how He has changed my heart to live a more simple and de-cluttered life - materially that is - it will be a life long process to live a spiritually decluttered life! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy to ignore the piles growing around us (inside & out). It sometimes takes a fresh perspective to help us see our need of change. "He's still working on me ... to make me what I ought to be..."

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Kendra. Good post. Like a Sunday School lesson with my morning tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I think your family has inspired me to try some art to illustrate my thoughts (at least pencil sketching). :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...