Monday, July 22, 2013

Rotic Evenings


A couple weeks ago, I felt like having a special evening.  Since there were no dates readily available, I decided to have a Rotic evening.  Now, if you’ve never heard of Rotic before, it stands for Romantic without the man.  For this evening, I made a delicious and garlicky pasta and watched a movie called “Miss Austen Regrets” (about Jane Austen wondering if she should have gotten married).  Until God brings a man into my life, I may have a few more Rotic evenings from time to time...and girls you can join me if you want.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Haha, how come I never heard about such a thing while I was single! Your dinner looks delicious, nothing like good food and a movie! (With or without the man ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad. I guess now that you have a husband and a son, you won't have many male free evenings for a while. But your men are quite wonderful company, so I hope you don't trade them for Rotic evenings very often.

      Delete
  2. Hahah - I've never heard this before - and it even took me a second to catch the pun of it - GENIOUS!! Rotic - brilliant! You dinner did look scrumptious! I hope the movie was good too!

    ...I'm thinking (about the subject of the movie there) that Miss Austen being the romantic that she was - was probably best not to marry - for no man could live up to those standards!! ;) I've even got a good hubby (at least I think so) but he's no Mr. Darcy - they just don't think that way...even the best of them! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mom is the first person to tell me about Rotic evenings. In the movie they have JA acknowledge that her fictionalized men and real men are not the same. I don't think I'd want to marry someone who thought like Mr. Darcy ... he holds everything inside. But I am no Lizzie or Jane either. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...