Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas is coming... Texture Book

For my eight-month-old niece, B, I made a texture book for her to play with and chew on.  I knew that she is teething and I thought she would like a book that she can really sink her teeth (or her gums) into.  I took my ideas from THIS blog found via Pinterest. The lovely shapes on the centre page were made by my friend who is coaching me as I make a quilt from the fabric my grandmother used to make outfits for us when we were younger (look for a post on that in the next couple months).  She has a surger machine and finished off the edges of the fabric using it.
The cover ... made out of a shiny pillowcase I picked up at a second hand store.
Page 1 ... A shiny piece of satiny material from my grandmother. 
She made dresses for my sisters and I and used this fabric for the skirts.
Page 2 ... Lace taken from dresses I tore up to make my quilt on a background of fun fabric.

Page 3 ... Fur cut from a teddy bear I found at a second hand store edged by fabric I got from my grandmother.
Page 4 & 5 ... Shapes made out of a variety of textures (Square=fur, Triangle=quilt batting, Circle=wash cloth)

Page 6 ... Blanket from the Teddy Bear from page 3
Page 7 ... Piece of corduroy from leftover material
from my grandmother’s collection.
Page 8 ... A granny square crochet block.
Button closure ...
Yum! I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeppers! When can I read your book?

      Delete
    2. You can probably read my... 4th or 5th draft. I'm almost done the 2nd draft so you can hopefully read it in a few weeks :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Kendra!! This is so neat!! And obviously a hit!!! :D Great pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little book. Your niece seems to love it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...