Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas is coming...Gardening

This is a fun page, but not as wonderful as I thought it would be.  My inspiration came from HERE and HERE. On this page, are planted onions, carrots, and beets.  There is a Velcro closing at the bottom of the page so any vegetables that get planted too deep can be retrieved.  

To make this page, I drew a hilly line along a piece of brown felt and green felt.  I chose a background of blue felt with a little white cloud in the corner.  For the word "garden", I wrote on the felt in pen and then hand stitched over top.  It was a little tricky to put the layers together as I wanted to leave a pocket at the bottom with a velcro closure, and make a pocket to hold the veggies with the green felt.  I just played around with my sewing machine until all the layers were together.  For the veggies, I just used scraps of felt and made them look like onions, carrots, and beets.  I am guessing that the veggies will get lost and I will have to make more in the future. 

 


5 comments:

  1. Oh, those little, white plants are onions!! I had no idea what they were until I read this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!! I'm really starting to want one of these books for myself!! ;) You have done such a great job Kendra - I really can't wait to see it all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... and this isn't my favourite page. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...