Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Giving Joy

"...for my eyes have seen your salvation
that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and for glory to your people Israel.”
Luke 2:30-32 ESV 
For the past several years, I have desired to do something more at Christmas time.  The Christmas season approaches and I think, "I need to do something to give" and then my life gets "busy" and I don't really do anything.  This year, God placed an opportunity right in my lap.  A nursing home in my area has a weekly church service on Wednesdays that several of the local churches rotate through.  This year, my church was scheduled for December 25.  When my pastor announced the opportunity to help out, I jumped on board.  So today, for about an hour and a half my sister, E, and I joined about 20 or so people from our church to visit, sing carols, and present God's love to those who cannot join their families on this day.  This is a tradition that I would like to continue.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...